Friday 28 November 2014

Film Choices For Poster Design

The basis of my idea was to design a new poster for an already existing film to gain new interest. I decided that I would either design a more modern poster for a relative old film or I would design a more narrative-led poster for a fairly recent film. To help me decide which film I would design a new poster for, I looked at the various DVDs that my family and I own, and I narrowed down to these twelve films, which I felt would sell better with a new poster to advertise them.

  1. Fantastic Voyage
  2. Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun
  3. War Of The Worlds (2005)
  4. Ed Wood
  5. Red Planet
  6. Star Trek Into Darkness
  7. Skyfall
  8. It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
  9. Noises Off
  10. The Avengers (2012)
  11. The Amazing Spider-Man
  12. Gladiator


References

Fantastic Voyage / Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. (2003) Directed by: Richard Fleischer, Irwin Allen. [DVD] UK, Twentieth Century Fox.

Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun. (2008) Directed by: Robert Parrish. [DVD] UK, Universal Pictures.

War Of The Worlds. (2005) Directed by: Steven Spielberg. [DVD] UK, Paramount Home Entertainment.

Ed Wood. (2002) Directed by: Tim Burton. [DVD] UK, Touchstone Pictures.

Red Planet. (2001) Directed by: Antony Hoffman. [DVD] UK, Warner Home Video.

Star Trek Into Darkness. (2013) Directed by: J.J. Abrams. [DVD] UK, Paramount Home Entertainment.

Skyfall. (2013) Directed by: Sam Mendes. [DVD] UK, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. (2002) Directed by: Stanley Kramer. [DVD] UK, Twentieth Century Fox.

Noises Off. (2004) Directed by: Peter Bogdanovich. [DVD] UK, Touchstone Pictures & Amblin Entertainment.

Avengers Assemble. (2012) Directed by: Joss Whedon. [DVD] UK, Marvel Studios.

The Amazing Spider-Man. (2012) Directed by: Marc Webb. [DVD] UK, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Gladiator. (2004) Directed by: Ridley Scott. [DVD] UK, Universal Pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment